Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Toby!!



So i bought a puppy!! He is adorable and his name is Toby. About three days after i got him i realized the reason i probably thought that was such a good name for a pet was because it rhymes with my sister's cat's name, Coby. He is only about 5 weeks old and was not weened when i got him. He cried for almost the entire first day at my house, including the first night. I ended up letting him sleep with me, which worked for calming him down.

He is doing much better now, although i think he still misses his siblings. He now sleeps on my clothes instead of with me, so that's an improvement. He loves to run around and explore, although occasionally he gets lost.

There have been a few times when i would leave him in my enclosed courtyard only to come home and find him missing! It took me a day or so to realize that he is small enough to fit through the drainage holes in the courtyard and was sneaking out that way, haha! I tried blocking them with some rocks, but he still figured it out, meaning i just had to find some more rocks.

But here are some pictures, and i'm sure there will be more stories to come!

2 comments:

  1. Dani, I am interested to know how it came to pass that you bought a dog.

    Will this dog be coming home with you? If so, when can I meet this beast?

    I am excited to get my letter! I am hopefully going to get something sent to you soon, but you know what a procrastinator I am. Fingers crossed!!

    LOVE YOU!
    Annakay

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, my neighbors had some puppies which were all tiny and adorable and terrified of me and i said i want one. then i got one. i doubt he will be coming home with me, my replacement volunteer will probably inherit him.

    ReplyDelete